Atlanta is a thriving, exciting, and unique city for so many reasons – the culture, the food, the people, and even the infrastructure. Residents of our Midtown Atlanta apartments have access to gorgeous parks, green spaces, and trails right in the heart of the city. And the best part? It’s super accessible thanks to Atlanta’s amazing public transportation system.
When you live at 1660 Peachtree, the Atlanta Beltline and the MARTA will become a part of your daily life and routine. Let’s learn more about what makes each one so awesome and what visitors can expect – ranging from festivals and parades to cinemas and malls.
Whether you want to get some exercise, take a stroll, view some art, or grab some food – the Atlanta BeltLine has got you covered.
- The Atlanta BeltLine is 22 miles of unused railroad tracks circling ‘in-town’ neighborhoods
- The BeltLine’s slogan is “Where Atlanta Comes Together”
- They offer free fitness programs (currently virtually)
- The BeltLine connects to 10 of Atlanta’s best parks – including a skate park!
- Walk, bike, or run on 10 multi-use trails
- Visitors will find art installations throughout the BeltLine – here’s a map to explore the current exhibitions
- They offer bike and walking tours so you can get to know the neighborhoods near our Peachtree apartments
- The BeltLine is pet-friendly! Just be sure to keep them on a leash
- The Atlanta BeltLine provides easy access to some of the city’s most delicious restaurants – some even have walk-up patios
- Learn all about the Atlanta BeltLine on the official website
Thanks to the MARTA – Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority – residents of our Peachtree apartments can get around the city with ease via bus, train, and streetcar.
- MARTA has been operating for over 40 years
- It is the ninth-largest transit system in the U.S. and the largest of its kind in the Southeast that provides bus, rail, and paratransit service
- The project and service is funded by a one-cent sales tax collected in Clayton, DeKalb, and Fulton counties; as well as a 1.5 cents tax in the City of Atlanta
- Bus and rail service operate 7-days a week – keeping 185,000 cars off the road every day
- MARTA provides direct access to Hartsfield-Jackson Airport
- The system consists of 48 miles of rail tracks with 38 rail stations
- Average total daily ridership is around 450,000
Events on and near the BeltLine and MARTA Stations
Thanks to both the BeltLine and MARTA access, residents of our Midtown Atlanta apartments can quickly and easily reach the city’s best neighborhoods – including the fun events and festivals that happen around Atlanta.
- The Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade – Taking place in early fall, the Lantern Parade is one of Atlanta’s most inspiring traditions. Celebrating the annual Art on the BeltLine art show, the biggest temporary exhibition in the South, the parade takes place on the Eastside Trail with up to 70,000 participants. Anyone can participate in the parade and feel free to bring the creativity with costumes, hats, and props! You’ll be joined by six marching bands along the way. (Event is currently postponed. Keep an eye on the website for further updates).
- Taste of Atlanta – Taking place next in 2022, the Taste of Atlanta spans three days and presents over 100 restaurants serving mouth-watering bites and drinks. There are also live cooking demonstrations, celebrity chefs, bartending competitions, and more. Visit the event’s website for all the details for next year’s fun.
- Atlanta Summer Beer Fest – Hosted at Historic 4th Ward Park in June, the Atlanta Summer Beer Fest features over 150 beers from Atlanta’s best breweries, as well as breweries from across the country. Not to mention, over 25 wine options, ciders, hard seltzers, and more. Of course, no festival is complete without live music and a DJ. Tickets and details can be found here.
- Virginia Highland Summerfest – Featuring live music, incredible art, and delicious food, celebrate the community at the Virginia Highland Summerfest this September. The fundraiser event will have an artist market, music stages, numerous food options, lawn games, and a parade. Head to the Summerfest website for all the details.
So, what are some of the most popular destinations off the BeltLine and MARTA? There’s almost too many to choose from! But for residents of our Peachtree apartments who really want to get to know The Big Peach, here are some of the must-visit places you have to see.
- Maddox Park – a 51.5-acre park located on the west side of Atlanta.
- Washington Park – a historical neighborhood full of parks and trails.
- Path Stone Mountain Trail – offers visitors a 19-mile stretch of car-free paths connecting Midtown Atlanta to Stone Mountain Park.
- Midtown Arts Cinema – movie theater screening new releases as well as independent, foreign & avant-garde flicks.
- Ansley Mall – an open-air shopping mall located in the Piedmont neighborhood.
- Piedmont Park – an urban park featuring dog parks, walking tours, playgrounds, aquatics, and more.
There’s always something fun to do and somewhere new to explore when you have access to the BeltLine and MARTA. Stop by 1660 Peachtree today and look at our gorgeous floorplans.