We all know the importance of regular exercise, but fitting a workout into your busy schedule isn’t always easy. Unfortunately, it can be even harder to find a good space to workout in if you don’t have access to a gym. No worries, there’s no need to panic. No space? No equipment? No sweat. There’s a simple solution–your local park! Here are the top 5 reasons why exercising outside at a park near our Denver luxury apartments is the best way to burn some calories and keep coming back for more!
- There is plenty of space to move around. Crowded gyms can become overwhelming, especially during a pandemic. The park, however, has no walls! You can move around as you please, and if too many people start to crowd around you, you have an automatic excuse to get in a quick mile and find somewhere else to sweat. Its less likely that you will get bored too since you can move around to different areas in the park for your workout or choose a different park for the next workout. Make your workouts fun and creative!
- Work Hard, Play Hard! Be a kid again! Go for a run, use the monkey bars, jump on platforms, and enjoy yourself! There is no better motivation for exercise than knowing you will have fun doing it. Bring your kids (or your fur babies!) and help those around you to be healthy too. Bonus: you get family/friend time while you work out! Don’t forget to bring a beach towel or yoga mat for some ab work and stretching.
- Vitamin D. Feeling gloomy? Start moving and get in the sun! Combing endorphins from your workout sesh with some awesome Vitamin D will boost your mood and keep you coming back for more. Not to mention you will have more energy for the remainder of the day. Healthful tip: DON’T FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN!
- It’s free! No guilt here, you can show up when you want and if you can’t make it and work out at home instead, you’re not losing anything (other than inches of course!). #winning!
- You can bring your dog, too! And your kids, spouse, friends, coworkers…whoever you want as often as you want. There is strength in numbers, so grab some friends to keep each other accountable and get up and move!
Not sure where to start? Search some local parks and go check them out. See what is available at each park and decide which parks suit your personal goals and style the most. Do you prefer a more open area? Would you rather use playground equipment to workout on? What times of day are most convenient for you? Map out a plan for when and where, then start planning your “what” (your workouts). Always remember to warm up before a workout and give yourself time to cooldown and stretch when you are done. This is important, and even a simple 5-minute routine before and after your workouts can keep you from getting unwanted injuries. Try this quick 30-minute workout to burn some calories and get some ideas for your workout program at the park!
Use your phone for a timer and make sure you have a bench or set of stairs to use and a mat or towel, and plenty of water!
5-minute warmup (walk, jog, or run)
Take a quick 60sec break.
Complete as many reps as you can for 60 seconds for each movement, trying not to take any breaks. Once you complete the round, take a 60 second break and repeat 3 times!
Pushups with feet on ground or bench: 60sec
Box jumps onto a bench or step: 60sec
Mountain Climbers OR V-ups: 60sec
Bulgarian Split Squat on Bench: 60sec
(Repeat 3 times total)
6-minute cool-down stretch
Great job! This total body workout can be completed 3-4 times per week or mixed in with other workout programs depending on your fitness level. Push yourself but be smart and listen to your body! Don’t forget to hydrate! Happy exercising!
Here are some local parks that are perfect for your next workout:
955 Bella Vista Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027
1600 Caria Dr.
Lafayette, CO 80026
280 Interlocken Blvd.
Broomfield, CO 80021